Thursday, December 10, 2009

Nuzzled

The other night I lay with my arm around my little Reya at bedtime.  She had had such an emotionally tumultuous day, and I wondered if I had even managed to fully express my love and affection to her, amidst managing her repeated fits and attempting to follow through on appropriate, consistent consequences.  Then, unexpectedly, like a little blessing, she climbed atop me, nuzzled her face into my neck, and declared in a passionate almost whisper, with the higher pitch of being two, "I so happy with you, Mama.  I very happy!".  The joy swelled in my heart, as I felt the love that one may only know in motherhood.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, we live for those moments. Dear Reya, those passionate twos! Ani, know that you are raising a daughter who will always have a mind of her own, a strong will-force to see her through the tough times, and the skill and experience to know real, happy love. She won't be one to settle for less!

Ani said...

Ivy, your words and positive view of my child encourage me. Passionate, yes, strong, yes, skilled and experienced? Working on it. She is something special, I know.

Jenn said...

She sure is! What a sweetheart...I feel all warm inside just imagining that moment that you two shared.