Saturday, April 2, 2011

Love of Teaching


I came upon this photo today. It is of my first class, my first year of being a teacher in a Waldorf school. It started out small and then grew to something like 20 kids. My assistant was a beautifully sweet, eternally wise and patient woman with the gentleness of a butterfly. I miss working with her. I learned so much in this first year. I remember how much time and attention I took, creating my classroom space, and gradually gathering small items for play, decor or the nature table throughout the year. It started out sparse, but as time went on, treasures were to be found in every cove and niche! I am ready to begin working with children in a classroom soon again, I think. I hope to be someone's assistant in the fall, while I continue my college classes part-time. Putting it on my blog may help to manifest this seedling idea, if the time is truly right.

2 comments:

Andi said...

brings back memories. Teilee joined the school with many of those kiddos right as you were leaving your position. So sad she didn't have you as a teacher. She had an instant connection with you at one of the open houses and couldn't wait to come back and see Miss Ani. You are so well suited to this. It will happen.

Jenn said...

You are really good with children and have a heart for teaching. I can see you doing that and loving it.