Thursday, January 14, 2010

More than milk

Galen is now six months old.  According to the mainstream medical world, as well as by obvious signs of interest and pending teeth just under the surface, this means that he is now ready for food that grows outside of the mother.  What an incredible life transition, when I really think about it, to go from depending entirely upon the milk of the mother, to gradually accepting and thriving off of food from plant sources, and eventually other animal sources as well.  I don't think it occurred to me with the others, the magnitude of importance this transition bears.

Galen's dad was visiting us and got to experience the food event.  Steamed and pureed, Organic delicata squash.  Delicious!  I froze the leftover into ice cube trays, and then popped the cubes into a big zip-lock freezer bag, as I've always done for my babies, for quick and easy portions to defrost at mealtime.


Happy half birthday, baby!

No comments: