Saturday, April 3, 2010

Peeps







We have chicks! Soft, sweet little fluff balls that perch on our hands and love to be warm in the crook of our necks.
They fall asleep on their cute little beaks, and skitter around all crazy and riled up like the hens that they will one day be. They are: ( left to right above) "Helena", my elegant, Buff Orpington, "Rosemary", Reya's little Auracana,



"Gypsy", Tenar's totally different looking Auracana,

and "Mina", Elliot's Welsummer.

We will have light brown, deep brown and blue and green eggs in several months. This is so much fun!

3 comments:

Wind said...

Oh my goodness! What amazing photographs! I have never in all my life seen a baby "peep" perched on a diaper butt before! What a great pose! Yey for new babies, no matter what kind!

Unknown said...

I love the new members of the family! I can see that they are beloved pets already. I would love to see pics of their outdoor area/coop. We've been talking about our own little peeps for some time now ... at the new house. You'll have lots of lovely eggs from that crew! Will June be laying too, or are the ducks "just" lovies?

Andi said...

I love that photo of Gypsy on Galen's rump!