Thursday, December 9, 2010

The final following the final- OBITUARY

I am donE, doNE, dONE, DONE!!! Took my last exam today, and posted my last two assignments tonight. I am officially on holiday break, now. Thank goddess! So here is my last Psychology assignment post. I had to write a fake obituary for myself. It was limited to 200 words, so I couldn't fit all of the important details that I wanted to, but here it is, for what it's worth( I cheated and added several words back in when I put it on the blog). I am sure that by the time I am ready to die, that I will want to add a few more things, and I hope I will have done all that I set out to!
OBITUARY
78 year old Danielle Susanne Glaser, of Portland, Oregon, passed over on Nov. 17, 2051. Known as Ani, she left the world smiling. Remaining, are her life partner, four adult children, eight chickens, two goats, two angora rabbits, two French lop rabbits, a cat, a peacock, and an affectionate, long eared Rottweiler. All will miss her nurturing care, love and companionship. She died on the fifty-fourth anniversary of her infant daughter, Luca Seaghul’s death, and some say that her smile was in expectancy of their reunion in the spirit realm. Ani enjoyed singing, playing bass and acoustic guitar, dancing, fiber arts, gardening, hobby farming, cooking, writing, learning, and mothering. She held a certificate in Waldorf Education from the Micha-el Institute, a BS in Developmental Psychology and a minor in fiber arts from the University of Oregon, and a MS in Occupational Therapy from Pacific University. Her greatest accomplishments were successfully raising happy, talented and inspired children; sustaining a fabulously thriving love relationship; and lead singing, touring and recording with her popular indie rock band, “Nymphalidae”.

A public gathering of remembrance will be held on Saturday, at the Hobbit Beach, near Florence Oregon, at 2PM. Seagulls will be caught and released holding bundles of her ashes to be dropped over “Grandmother Ocean”, and there will be singing in her honor. Some of her ashes will remain in a silver and moonstone urn, for keeping by her family.

The cause of death was painless heart failure naturally occurring with old age.

2 comments:

Wind said...

This gave me chills and touched me so deeply. Thank you for putting life into perspective today. I think I'll write my obituary, what an amazing thought.

Unknown said...

"She was beloved by all who knew her, particularly her former preschool students and their families who still think about her and send her love often."