Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Oregon Coast

Sandy and sunkissed, it was a beautiful day!  
Me, my four littles,
my friend Jenn, 
and Elliot and Tenar's step-sister Zoey. We played, ate, dug, felt the wind blow,
watched kids sand boarding,
got our feet wet, ate a picnic and some sand (well, one of us did!), found a wormy snake-like critter, and enjoyed the sun and clouds alternately. 


  Baby Galen loved crawling around.  He took a couple of nose dives in the sand, and then had a steady stream of sandy nose runs for the entire time.  Reya began the day, terrified of the ocean, because it "chases" her, but with loving encouragement, she began to find courage, and ended up loving it!
I love the ocean!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

OK, so my favorite part (other than the beauty of it all) was reading "we ate a picnic and some sand" and then scrolling down & seeing the hilarious face of Galen just below it; it somehow matches that funnily understated & dryly humorous statement perfectly. :) lol

Ani said...

I did that on purpose :) Glad you appreciated it. I love it when people can appreciate my limited sense of humor.

Unknown said...

You all look so beautiful and happy and healthy and well! So good to see.

Her Running River said...

Ani, How heartwarming to see you all together. The ocean chasing Reya, then Reya receiving the ocean, is lovely. The transition learning embraces is always available with a great Mom like YOU!!!

Kate said...

That was me KAte