Monday, September 13, 2010

Building With Earth- neighborhood cob project

My early birthday gift from James this year was a cob building workshop, put on in a nearby neighborhood! I have been dreaming for more than ten years of building a dwelling made of cob. This dream has morphed into a vision for my teaching/workspace on property that I hope to find and buy one day (soon, please!)

Finally I was able to get my hands and feet in the sand, clay and straw to learn on the job about sculpting with earth.
We built a garden wall
with a bench
and a fireplace.


There were lectures and question and answer sessions about how this work applies to a cottage type dwelling. I learned a lot, and it was fun, hard work.
The children ended up getting involved and it was a really good time.

All of the other people cobbing seemed to really enjoy my kids


which felt so good to me.

here is a link to a video of it!

1 comment:

Wind said...

That was a truly incredible gift! Hooray for the blessing of it!