Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Busy and beautiful day

Today I went to 'Mama Sing' with baby and a relatively new but quickly becoming close, pregnant friend. It was a warm day with a gently breeze, so we were able to sit outside and sing together. It is nice that way because the children can run around and play while the women sing. There were lots of good songs, but the one that really resonated with me today, which we sang by my request, was

One spirit in the dark, like a candle wavers,
Many spirits joined as one, burn like the power of the blazing sun.
There is strength in community, the circle empowering you and me.
The circle binds yet sets us free, in the Goddess name so mote it be.



Wow, do I need my community right now. I am so thankful for the amazing women in my life, and I don't know what I would do without them. When my insides feel like winter, I have warmth around me, radiating.

After chanting, my friend and I went to lunch at Avagadro's Number, better known locally as Avos. It was tempeh Tuesday, so the tempeh burgers were two for one. Yum. They make their own tempeh there, and it is hands down, the best tempeh I've had, anywhere. I am not sure if it is Organic, and I keep forgetting to find out. I think part of me doesn't want to know, in case it isn't, because it would spoil it for me a little. We sat there and talked over burgers and lemonade for probably two hours, and it got kinda deep. It was really nice.

I am currently addicted to lemonade. I have to have it every day. I had it with lunch and dinner today, and yesterday, I bought 12 lemons, hand juiced them, and mixed the juice with agave nectar and water for my own, pulpy, fresh lemonade. I can't wait to go have a glass before bed when I finish blogging.

I went to a modern dance class later in the evening, while baby's Grandma took care of her. It is really close by, at City Park, in Club Tico. It was good, but she cried a lot, so they came and got me, and I left early. I didn't mind, since I was tired from a long day, and staying up late cleaning the house the night before. I felt bad for my little one, who was missing me so much that she had the post-crying tremors and sad sounds for a long time afterward. I am hoping that it was just a hard day for her, and that she won't mind if I keep going to a weekly hour and fifteen minutes of class in the future. I so enjoy it. This is a modern dance class, but in reality, I am a ballerina at heart. I will take ballet next, as this was the final modern class of the session.

Mystery man and I tried the new Ethiopian restaurant tonight. It was recently opened by our neighbor, Hana( I am not sure of how she spells it), and she hooked us up with a discounted meal. It is called Ras-Ka, and it is really delicious. She used to just make the sauce, and sell it, and I really like that. Now she has a whole tiny little food joint. Even better.

After dinner we went to the recycling center and recycled in the dark. It is harder than it sounds. I think I may have left remnants in the trunk of the car that I couldn't see. I'll find out tomorrow. We made it in just before it closed. A police officer came and said, "howya doin' ma'am", and sat there in his car waiting for me to finish dumping my stuff so he could close the gates. Baby was overtired and still in a sensitive mood, so she cried loudly the whole time. Between her wailing, the dark, and the police, it was a stressful few minutes.

Time f0r lemonade then sleep.

No comments: