Saturday, August 16, 2008

music, music, music, dancing to music

Two nights in a row now, I have had the amazing privilege of dancing to great live music in the street. Right now, Fort Collins is having our festival called New West Fest, and every night there are outdoor concerts (the series is called Bohemian Nights). Yesterday was pouring rain all day for the second day in a row, and I was in heaven. I spent the morning at my friend Alisa's house cooking breakfast with her and her children, with my children, also. mmm..., blueberry pancakes, garlicky potatoes, mate chai, lemonade, raspberry juice.

After breakfast, I caught up with Mystery Man and his parents and extended family who are visiting from Texas, and we went to "Cooper Smith's" to drink, after some good food at "The Thai Pepper". I had a little over half of a stout beer (don't drink much), but the company was fun. We stepped out into Old Town Square afterward, and heard "12 cents for Marvin", a local Ska band. I danced with Mystery Man's mom in the rain. It felt so good! Then we ate again at "Pueblo Viejo"- can't say that their food is my favorite, but it was okay.

Today, I went to a clothing exchange, then saw the wonderful "Tajmahal" play this evening. Baby fell asleep in a pack on my chest to the loud music. It was great, dancing with her dad to the blues. I tried to keep her ears covered with my hands, and I hope there was no damage. I loved being together there, the three of us. What a nice night. There are some people out in my backyard right now, having a fire, so I think I will join them! Goodnight!

No comments: