Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Summer is NOT over yet!!!

Holy crap! I just looked on my kid's school web sites randomly to write down the dates of school starting. I thought I was planning ahead, but it turns out that we have two weeks left. They start on Sept. 8 and9. Good thing I looked. I would have totally sailed past those dates, without a clue that my kids were supposed to be in school. Most parents are school shopping right now, but for me it is Summer. Summer just began, because I spent most of it in school myself. My term just let out, and I don't start again until Sept 27, so I just assumed (incorrectly) that my whole family would follow a similar schedule. I was starting to schedule camping trips and berry picking days and lots of sleep-ins over the next four weeks, until the annoying public school schedule got in my way. I am peeved. I need a break and am not okay with this turn of events, which means lots of early mornings and lunch packings and homework helpings and busy busy meetings... during MY Summer break. There is no relief.
Complaining makes me feel a little better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Right there with you!

Wind said...

I love you. May you receive.