Monday, November 16, 2009

Red Tape

To sign up for classes I have to be issued an "L number".
To get an "L number" the admissions must finish processing my enrollment form.
In order for the admissions office to process my enrollment form, they must receive my official transcript.
In order for my transcript to be received, it must first be sent.
Before they send it, University of New Mexico must see ID verification on a form that was emailed to me.
In order to fill out the form, I must find a printer.
In order to return the printed form I must find a fax machine.
In order to do either of the above machine finding ventures, I must have transportation.
In order to set up transportation, I must connect my "kid cart to my bicycle by a little part that is in a box".
In order to connect the above two, I must unpack the part.
In order to unpack the part, I must find the box.
In order to find the box, I must lift and sort through many boxes.
In order to lift and sort boxes, I must not be carrying an infant.
In order for the above to happe, the infant must sleep.
In order for sleep to occur, the toddler must be quiet.
In order for quiet to occur, the toddler must sleep.
The toddler is not currently prone to sleeping.
This process could take weeks.
By then, other students will likely have signed up for and filled the classes I need.

UNM has NO CLUE how unreasonable it is to ask me for ID verification, G_D D_ _ _ IT!  The whole point of ordering the transcript online was to take care of it from HOME.

No comments: